
Spring is on the way - I bought some lovely daffodils on Saturday and they bloomed overnight and look gorgeous. I've just made some yummy pancakes and smothered them in Nutella - I am giving up chocolate and buying books (even really really cheap secondhand ones)tomorrow for Lent so I had one more chocolatey treat!
I miss Spring in my old Canadian home. I lived a few minutes walk away from Beacon Hill Park and used to spend many hours walking around looking at the gorgeous flowers, stopping in the petting zoo to see and brush the baby goats and then carry on towards the ocean. It was easy to feel God around me. I can totally agree with Anne of Green Gables .....
"Why must people kneel down to pray?" If I really wanted to pray I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd go out into a great big field all alone or into the deep, deep, woods, and I'd look up into the sky--up--up--up--into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there was no end to its blueness. And then I'd just FEEL a prayer."
Yes, I miss having natural beauty all around me. The area where I live now is drab and grey. But when I feel down I keep on focussing on Mary Engelbreit's wise words .......

I do hope that I have a room with a view again one day but until then I will try try try to bloom where I am planted.
"An optimist is the human personification of spring." ~Susan Bissonnette
Such wonderful quote! and so true!!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful here. We had a sunny, warm day, with some wind. Wish I could send some summery weather!
A room with a view...I would love that, by the ocean, with some palm trees, and tropical foliage. Too much to ask? One can dream!
have a lovely day!, in company of such pretty flowers.
I like spending time in the Quirky Cafe! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI see you indulged yourself one last time before Lent today, as well. I would have a terrible time giving up aquiring new books...good luck to you.
It is still quite dead and drab here, but March(and even April) is like that here. I always expected it would be greener at this time of year where you are(in the UK).
Well it snowed in Colorado, so that's as sure a sign of spring as daffodils are elsewhere! Thanks for visiting my blog today, and I returned the favor and discovered a place I know I'll be visiting frequently. I loved your post on the top 10 CDs from movies--the Auden poem gets me every time too!
ReplyDeleteSpring time:a new beginning! I love the daffodils--one of my favorite flowers. Love the Anne of Green Gables quote! Makes me want to read the book again. :)
ReplyDeleteGive up chocolate? Whaaaaat? I think I would die! ha ha. And books--can you believe I visited the book store on my lunch break and didn't buy anything!! I lusted after lots and lots of books however. It was just therapeutic to walk around and browse. My favorite places to buy books are thrift stores & Amazon.
Mary Englebreit is one of my favorites! There is a poem by Maya Angelou that I love. Apart of the phrase in the poem is "the nature of this flower is to bloom!" So let's bloom!! Love you to bits....