Yikes, where does time go? It seems bizarre to think that it is six months since Dad died. Well, there is no change in my situation on paper but I am trying to turn my negatives into positives. So watch this space. :-)
I hadn't logged in her since my last post so had 6 messages this morning - including one which I deleted from "Anonymous". I won't go into the details, it was really hurtful but if the lady is reading this ... I haven't lived with my parents all my life, I moved to London when I was 20 and then to Canada when I was 31. I have only been back at my parents on a permanent basis because my father was dying and I loved him and wanted to be with him. I have many wonderful friends in their 40's who live with their parents/parent and your generalisation of them being immature was very narrowminded and simply not very nice. You really shouldn't judge people you don't know....... please dwell on this statement.
I am currently reading "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick which is a fascinating but heartbreaking read. I wonder if there will be a change there in my lifetime. There is so much sadness in the news - thank God my lovely friend in Christchurch is safe, along with her family. It's devastating to see the number of fatalities increase. I hope there are a few miracle survivals.
I had a few days in London with L the week before last. We went to see the preview of The Wizard of Oz, The Lion King and Wicked. We had day release tickets for Wicked - front row seats for £27.50. It was amazing. Pure escapism. The two current leads are incredible, Rachel Tucker and Louise Dearman. It really was a faultless performance. A few days later I noticed that a past cast member, Kerry Ellis, was doing a series of concerts with the Wonderful Brian May! So .... Mr Visa had another outing (he is awol for a few months now) and we have ROW D tickets!!!
So I am really excited about that - it's going to be a wonderful concert!
Happy March to you all!
You are back!! And yes... it's almost March already. Unbelievable isn't it. It *is* bizarre to think that it's been six months already. Bizarre that life 'just' goes on after our dear ones die.
ReplyDeleteWish you much strength to go on, step by step and to turn those negatives into positives...you will get there I'm sure!!
On one hand I want time to fly though (and feel better), on the other hand I'd still like to do so many things that I need time lol. I guess people are weird, aren't they.
The Wizard of Oz, the Lion King and Wicked! So cool :). And a concert to come :). Enjoy it girl! Sometimes we do need some pure escapism!!
X