Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Celebrate Life

A dear friend, who was an absolute rock to me when Dad died, lost her mother on Thursday night. Then I had a phonecall a few hours later from one of my friends. A woman I used to know died, age 47, yesterday. She had gone to her sister's house - her sister having recently lost her 22 year old son in Afghanistan. The two of them were writing thank you cards to people who had sent sympathy letters/donations. J left there and driving home stopped at traffic lights and never took off again. She was found slumped over the steering wheel dead. 47, a healthy, much loved mother of two. So shockingly sad. B, already heartbroken over the death of her son, now has to deal with the death of her beloved sister.

We just don't know what tomorrow will bring, it's out of our hands. I have made the decision to make this happier blog, more lighthearted and less whiny! I am going to celebrate the things I love, rather than moan about the things that aren't going so well.



I am going to find something to be cheerful about every day and share it - whether it be something I cook, a song I listen to, something I see or something that happens to me. No major negativity allowed!

Here are some of this week's happy occurrences.

I met up with a penfriend this week. We have been in contact for probably almost a decade but have never met face to face. We discovered, over a cup of tea, that we have even more in common than we thought. A lovely day which did me so much good. One of the highlights was walking around Waterstones giving each other book recommendations!




I came across this kitty in the newspaper - how cute it she? Read the full article of how she loves to climb into things here.

There is a breakfast show here in the UK which I tune into on a regular basis. Earlier in the week The Secret Sisters were on. I loved their look and they seemed such lovely girls and their voices just blend together like homemade apple pie and custard! I hope you enjoy.




Thanks for dropping by.

3 comments:

  1. Life is short, I so agree!! I'm always trying to see life from the positive side as well. Being an optimist this often works out for me. But I also know that life can be tough at times... so when you feel like whining no worries. We all do from time to time ;)
    You had a penpal meeting!! Wow, I so love that! So good to talk face to face for a change!! Can imagine you enjoyed it heaps! Someday in future I'm sure we will meet as well. When living in the same continent at the same time again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely posting, my friend. You're right - let's celebrate life. I find comfort now in doing little everyday things, they give me a feeling of continuity, if that makes sense... Thank you for your friendship over all those years, I really appreciate that! Hugs - Giz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post - I'm a glass half full girl too, life is too short, we really do need to see the good in each day, its always there if we look for it. Sending you positive vibes to help you with all you are dealing with this week x

    ReplyDelete