Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pa Ingalls went Commando!


I read Alison "Nellie Oleson" Arngrim's autobiography a few days ago. I loved it! Admittedly, parts of it were very dark, and I admit that there were parts that really shocked me. Some of her Little House gossip was hilarious - yep, Michael Landon didn't wear any underwear!! He was very vain and when he did "topless" shots his braces had to be just so to make sure his nipples were shown. Alison came across as a really likeable person, down to earth and with a really big heart. What I found most entertaining was her pure dislike of Melissa Sue Anderson, who played Mary. Mind you, if her tales of MSA are true then one really can't blame her - she sounds a real haughty princess type. But Alison and Melissa "Laura" Gilbert were best friends from the start. I find out now that both Melissas have also got autobiographies out. Alas I am unable to buy any books until Lent it over - yep, two whole weeks and not a single book purchase but they have been added to my wishlist! It sounds as if Melissa Gilbert's doesn't really include as much of her life on LHOTP as the other two do, which is a shame. I'm really looking forward to seeing what MSA says about Alison. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I remember her! I remember the show! I used to see some of the episodes with my granny, who was a complete fan! You made me think of her just now, and for that, I'm thankful.
    Reading the book must have been like watching one of those TV episodes of "the true Hollywood story of...", right? I'm now intrigued!!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LHOTP has always been one of my faves!! The video of Alison made me laugh! :) Sounds like her book is a good read. Wow, it does sound like Michael Landon had a vanity issue, huh? I love the cover of the book---Nellie's famous looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very interesting...
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete