Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Help is on the way .....


A quicky today as I am off to spend a thrilling morning chopping down Japanese Knotweed. Oh joy of joys!


After a few conversations with a few of my lovely friends who read me ... I felt I needed to post the lyrics to a song. I used to play this over and over when times were really bad and I felt as if I was banging my head against a brick wall. Alas it's not on Youtube and I have no idea if I can paste it from my itunes. Lyrics will have to do for the meantime........


Help Is On The Way - Nancy Lamott


Don't give up the ship

Even when you feel it's sinking

And you don't know what to do

Don't give up your dream

Even though you may be thinking

It never will come true

Life has it's own ideas of how things come about

And if you just hang in there, life is gonna work it out


Help is on the way

From places you don't know about today

From friends you may not have met yet

Believe me when I say I know

Help is on the way


You don't have to know

Where the path you're on is leading

You just have to walk along

Dreaming as you go

Asking for the things you're needing

You never can go wrong

If you have faith that things are happening as they should

And just believe each step you take is leading you to something good


Help is on the way

From places you don't know about today

From friends you may not have met yet

Believe me when I say I know

Help is on the way


So open your heart, Open your mind

No matter how you've tried and failed

Tomorrow you could turn and find that


Help is on the way

From places you don't know about today

From friends you may not have met yet

Believe me when I say I know

Help is on the way

Help is on the way

Help is on the way

2 comments:

  1. Life has it's own ideas of how things come about
    So true! Beautiful lyrics. I was wondering how it would sound like, and went online to find a sample. I finally found one!, and it is so soft, and...melancholy? I bet it must bring tears to any one's eyes when listened to in times of need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that song! You gave it to me :) It's in my "Julia's Tunes" playlist :)Very comforting.

    ReplyDelete