Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sunny Thoughts on a Rainy Day

Well, I'm back in Swansea after a wonderful few weeks with TD. It just flew by. I enjoyed every single minute. Okay, that's not strictly true - there were moments when I was terrified about meeting people but ...... it all went superbly. I don't *think* any of his family or friends think I am evil personified ....


In a nutshell .... we started off in Tenby for ten days camping. I didn't get photo of the tent from the outside but here is TD showing off his under canvas culinary skills.Let's just say that the weather was mixed. A few of the tent poles actually broke one night as the wind was so strong. I thought the tent was going to take off and we would land in Oz.

We did have some sunshine though.




We then went up to TD's home and I met the family. (For the few days leading up to that I had the lines from The Sound of Music's "I Have Confidence in Me" going around in my head....... instead of "A Captain with Seven Children" .. " A Drummer with Four Children .... what's so fearsome about that?") Anyhow it went fine :-) So did the meeting with Mum and Sister and ..... his best friends, The Fourjays, and their lovely children.


TD's uncle had passed away a few days before we arrived so I accompanied TD, Mum and Sister to the funeral. It was a Salvation Army funeral so I had brought a nice plain Gap dress and looked perfectly respectful .. except for the glitter...... *sigh* ......

I never get things 100% right even when I try really hard!!

My lovely pal Bea bought me some body lotion a while back - it goes onto the skin totally clear but then becomes glittery. I totally forgot this. I slathered it on on the morning of the funeral and then realized what I had done. It was too late. If any of you have used similar products then you will know how hard it is to remove. TD had it over him before we arrived at his Mum's - after a welcome hug she had some on her, as did his sister. After being greeted by his relations with a hug and a kiss ... they all had a little sparkle about them .... even 94 year old Uncle T. Even the wife of the departed. Ooooops! TD still had some on his face when he left on Monday evening.


The rest of the visit went really well including a truly wonderful time on the Severn Valley Railway. I was in heaven. I was born way too late. I love the elegance of travel back in yesteryear. All the stations had vintage travel posters and pieces of luggage and other memorabilia.









It really is something that I really recommend - I can't wait to do it again. The gorgeous English villages just made me fall in love again with the UK scenery.


So, after an intensive 17 days together all is still wonderful. We both have occasional "what on earth is happening here" moments when the madness of the last few weeks hits us and we just look at each other and shake our heads. Lol.



Hopefully next week I will have some news from the lawyer about the
d i v o r c e, I will be glad when that is in progress.

And that's about it in my world. Oooh, tell a lie .... we also met up with an old friend of mine who also had a crush on TD in 1983. She popped around on Monday with her supercute baby. The other pic is of "us" with my parents. It's nice being half of an "us" :-)











And now I am off to make a cup of coffee. This has taken an obscene amount of time to complete due to Blogger playing up - but as I had started I had to finish...... xx

7 comments:

  1. Just a lovely post, dearie! So happy for you and can't wait until the divorce is final for you. I love all the photos as well!! Perfect!! I really love the photo with you, TD, and your parents!! I'm smiling with my cheesy grin....ILY!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again QC. Good to hear all is still going well with TD and you've had a nice extended holiday with him, meeting his family & friends. We definitely should meet up again sometime. I don't live a million miles from one end of the SVR if that turns out to be a regular haunt and it's somewhere I enjoy visiting myself. I was last there in May. I also like steam trains - probably to do with being a railwayman's grandaughter.
    Take care, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a chuckle about the glitter, worst comes to worst, people will only think you are a pixie spreading dust over them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all is going well! That's great news, and it sounds like you had a great time. The glitter situation made me laugh. I used to had a lotion with gold glitter, and I looked "weird" when I stood in the sun "glowing" :-))
    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures and your travel report!!!:) I bet you've been a bit nervous meeting TD's family and friends but I'm sure they've all loved you!!!:) And how could they not?! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...still laughing...okay - it's me Bea - I'm the one responsable for the glitter ;-)) I still have the picture of 94 year old Uncle T in my mind - glittering ;-)

    So happy you are happy - and for sure I'll leave out the glitter stuff when shopping for presents next time ;-)

    Hugs
    xxx
    B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a new way of browsing the net here and I discovered a way in which I *can* comment on your blog YEAH!
    So hope to be back more often here in the near future :-)
    I'm glad you are doing so well and I love your pics! Fingers crossed for the divorce hey! Keep up the good spirit!
    X

    ReplyDelete