Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings

There was stress in the house an hour or two ago when the television had no service. (Personally I gave a big sigh of relief .... I know I shouldn't be such a grumpypants, as at almost 85, Dad really is entitled to watch as much tv as he want. But it drives me crazy when I can hear it with my bedroom door closed.) Anyhow, the big digital switchover thingy starts in the UK today and for some reason Swansea is one of the first places to switch. I didn't know much about it as I have been over in Canada but managed to suss out that I just needed to re tune ..... I must admit that I did have a few minutes of wondering if I should pretend that I didn't know what to do and thus have a day free of Flog It, Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic etc. Alas, my conscience got the better of me and now Dad is parked in his armchair watching something with a smile on his face again.


I phoned and told T that I wanted to start divorce proceedings yesterday. His response wasn't what I expected. I mean we haven't ever been a "real" married couple. Definitely the most dysfunctional I have ever come across. We have managed to be friends most of the time for the last few months, knowing that I was leaving, but that's all. He was really emotional when I told him - which of course made me emotional as I hate the fact that I am the cause of someone hurting - despite what he has put me through. I think he thought deep down that we would end up like his parents who were separated for years but never divorced.


I sent my stepkids and T's siblings an email telling them and had lovely replies from his son and brother. I slept a lot better last night knowing that everything was out in the open. I just need emotional things to be tidied up nicely with as little stress as possible. I haven't heard from my step daughter yet but I'd already told her and her mum about TD before I left. She witnessed a lot of the abuse I am sorry to say - so she will definitely be happy. She hasn't actually contacted T since my goodbye barbecue so I have asked her to go and see him and give him a hug. He's so pants at relationships. I hope they manage to get that father\daughter thing going again somehow. I really tried .......


Hmm, I still have my 3 unpacked bags from Canada under M and D's bed and a larger suitcase from Italy and a smaller one from London still unpacked in my room. Here's the photographic proof! I think that's all psychological - if I unpack then I really am saying that I live in Swansea.





Okay, I am going to spring into action. I have loads to do for "the Olds" before I escape to West Wales for a bit of living under canvas with TD on Saturday. Thank goodness I have one more empty bag ......

:-)

4 comments:

  1. I guess my bedroom looks about the same but then the other way around...half packed suitcases lol on the verge of leaving ;-).

    I was smiling about your television problems....I can so imagine your feelings.

    But...whatever you are going away anyway and *camping*. Ah so awesome! Have a great time my dear...wish you a wonderful outdoorsy adventure!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found you!! and it's been a complete delight to read what's been going on with your life! New place (though not definite yet?), new love and a book! I'm happy for you Julia, as one can read that you are happy. You certainly deserve it! and I completely agree on the "living the moment" idea.
    Good to read you again! I really missed you, as I wasn't able to send any letters (not knowing where to send them basically). Stay happy! and I will definitely come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was relieved to hear that you talked with T about divorce. I can imagine the emotions from T and yourself. I know you are ready to get on with your new life!

    You know you are staying in Swansea (or close by) so you unpack those suitcases girl! :) No looking back!

    Look forward to hearing about the camping! ILY

    ~LB

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I really tried..."
    Yes, you did, dear.

    ReplyDelete