Celebrating the rambling mind of a 41 year old artsy girl. Pull up a chair, I'll call the waiter over and let's have a cuppa and a chat!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I admit to having been a real emotional wreck over the last few years. I have been on a rollercoaster of the scariest type. Abusive marriage, marriage break up, moving back to UK, meeting someone new, cancelling wedding due to father's illness, father's death and now a few other things. There are people who have been there all the time for me - never judging (well, at least not to my face ;-) ) and always ready to listen and give me advice. What would I do without you all? I have an amazing bunch of friends all around the world and I am so thankful for you. If only I could win the lottery and have a big party with the most amazing women on earth. I *am* turning the corner now and I am ready to go full steam ahead - but I couldn't have done it without you all.



A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.~ Douglas Pagels

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~Leo Buscaglia

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~Author Unknown

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis


Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship. ~Dorothy Parker


Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends. ~Virginia Woolf


There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown


The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
~Author Unknown


If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

and this is especially true to me ......


There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound. ~Diana Cortes




2 comments:

  1. Love you dear! :) I love all the friendship quotes and the black & white picture you attached is one of my faves!!! Always here for you! You hang in there. There is nothing like friends and send me that invitation to the big party when you win the lottery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have that very same wish--to be able to win a huge amount of cash so I could "rent" an island(or a restaurant for the night in Paris)somewhere and invite all my friends(both living close to me and those far away whom I might never even have met "face to face" before)for a big co-mingling bash! Wouldn't that be lovely. I *am* going to buy a lottery ticket today, now that you have given me the idea. ;-)

    You have been though so much, Quirky, and I am glad you are the type of open and loving person that draws friends to her so that you could at least get through all the trials with that support.

    I just love that photo at the end, BTW. :-)

    ReplyDelete